Yes it happened on Monday 19/7/2021 in the last race at Nowra. The horse was #12 Rebellious Miss. And whoever made the bet was lucky enough to collect.
The Facts :
- Nowra Race 7 start time was 4:15 PM
- The race jumped at 4:15:28 aka 28 secs past the scheduled start time.
- On VIC TAB at 4:15:52 the divy changed from 5.20 to 1.80.
- On NSW TAB at 4:15:52 the divy changed from 4.30 to 4.00
- On QLD TAB at 4:15:52 the divy was steady at 4.50
To get a change from 5.20 to 1.80 required a new investment of around $32,000
|Pool||Divy||Net Invested||Gross Invested|
|$ 25,000.00||5.20||$ 4,808||$ 5,529|
|$ 59,000.00||1.80||$ 32,778||$ 37,694|
|New Investment :||$ 32,166|
- I am not suggesting that the big bet was placed after the race had finished.
- But the bet was placed very close to when they jumped … if not after !
- The most likely explanation was that the big bet was a betting bot malfunction
- The losers were the small punters who bet a total of around $5,500 well before the jump
- Every VIC TAB punters who backed the winner on the Tote would have been disappointed … unless they used the LOCK ***
- Why would any serious punter use TABCorp when Corporate bookies give punters a much better deal on EVERY race
|*** The LOCK ensures that your winning Tote bet will be settled at the best price between the Tote dividend and the TAB Fixed Odds starting price.|